News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Flat? - Out of round?

Started by Byron, March 24, 2005, 02:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron

What does the diamond grinder accomplish?  Making a stone flat across the face of the stone and/or concentric (not out of round)?  I ordered the diamond grinder because my wheel is out of round but thinking "not flat".  I know the wheel is out of round because I can turn the wheel by hand with the universal stand close to the stone and it rubs the stone for about 40 degrees of rotation and does not rub the rest of the stone.  Is "out of round" ok?  I think I got confused between a "flat stone" as opposed to an "out of round stone".  Help!

Tim N

From what I understand.. If you bring the tool support down to the stone and there is even space side to side, the stone is flat. From what you describe, your stone is essentially egg shaped or out of round.  Jeff has said in the past that this can be caused by altering the pressure that you push down with as you grind. The truing tool will take care of both of these.