News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

SuperGrind 1200 compatible jigs

Started by artyb, June 04, 2011, 01:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artyb

Hi,

I have a SuperGrid 1200 (which incidentally only runs after being given a push-I've ordered a new capacitor for it which will hopefully fix that). I've received some conflicting/incomplete info as to which jigs will work with this model, and would appreciate info from here. In particular I'm thinking of the planer blade jig (SVH-320), Drill bit sharpening jig (DBS-22), and upgrade parts Advanced Water Trough (AWT-250), horizontal base (XB-100) and Micro adjust universal support (US-103). The AWT-250 says only suitable for the T-7 and 2000. What jigs require/benefit from the horizontal mount? The SVH-320 can be used with the 1200 according to the UK distributor, but a lot of the posts here suggest otherwise?

Thanks,

A

record

This answer may come too late but I upgraded my 1200 with US-105 and horizontal support XB-100 and those fits nicely. Today I changed the original stone to the new SG-250 and the results are just incredible.

Jeff Farris

I think you may have your models mixed.  The SG-250 would not fit on a 1200, which is the smaller, 8" machine.
Jeff Farris

Jeff Farris

Quote from: artyb on June 04, 2011, 01:48:49 PM
Hi,

I have a SuperGrid 1200 (which incidentally only runs after being given a push-I've ordered a new capacitor for it which will hopefully fix that). I've received some conflicting/incomplete info as to which jigs will work with this model, and would appreciate info from here. In particular I'm thinking of the planer blade jig (SVH-320), Drill bit sharpening jig (DBS-22), and upgrade parts Advanced Water Trough (AWT-250), horizontal base (XB-100) and Micro adjust universal support (US-103). The AWT-250 says only suitable for the T-7 and 2000. What jigs require/benefit from the horizontal mount? The SVH-320 can be used with the 1200 according to the UK distributor, but a lot of the posts here suggest otherwise?

Thanks,

A

Fitting and working are not necessarily the same thing. The SVH-320 will fit on the 1200 (now T-3), but the machine is underpowered to do a good job on planer blades. I know that the AWT-250 will not fit on the 1200, but there may be a new model of the water tray for the small machine.  I will investigate and respond here.
Jeff Farris