News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Suggestion

Started by Byron, March 15, 2005, 06:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron

I don't know about you, but lifting that monster and rotating it to use "the other side" is tough.  I keep spilling the water! ;D  I came up with an idea that has not been tested yet but I will post the results when I have finished it.  Here's the idea.  I took two pieces of 1/2" melamine about 13" square.  I will sandwich a "lazy susan" roller bearing assembly between them.  I will drill a hole the top board at opposing corners.  The lower board will be drilled at the same point in just one corner.  I will use a pin to stop movement while in use.  If I need to rotate the machine, I will remove the pin, rotate it 180 degrees and re-insert the pin.  I am waiting for the "lazy susan" to finish the effort.  I do not know how stable the results will be.  If it's stable enough great, if not, oh well I tried.

Honer

Sounds like a good idea.
Let us know if it works.