News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

what is a Tormek 2005?

Started by mgaved, January 09, 2011, 06:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgaved

hi all

I've seen a second hand "Tormek 2005" advertised, blue casing, can't work out any more details, can anybody advise me about this model? Is it a predecessor to the Tormek T3? Any comments on how good it is?  I help on a local charity refurbishing hand tools for developing countries (Tools For Self Reliance, Milton Keynes, UK: http://tfsr-mk.org.uk/ )  that has a Tormek 2000 (green metal case) and by golly I've fallen in love with the Tormek grinders and fancy one myself (for home, helping out friends etc). Have to keep my eyes open for a second hand one though as pennies are a bit short.

Also, does anybody know if there's a list online of all Tormek models over the last 20 or so years? Occasionally older ones come up for sale and I am never quite sure of what their specifications are?

Cheers and happy new year one and all.
Mark

mgaved

ok, no answer needed, the chap who's selling says its a 1200 in the wrong box! :-)

But still interested to hear if there's a list of all Tormek models online anywhere :-)
cheers
Mark

Jeff Farris

There have only been 4 "models", the 1200 and T-3 are the smaller machines and the 2000 and T-7 are the larger machines. Both were sold in several different package boxes labeled 1206, 2005, 2006, etc. The last digit varied depending on the items included with the unit and vaguely indicated its newness...the years did not exactly match, but the number always advanced with a product improvement or addition.
Jeff Farris