News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

broadhead blades

Started by bowhunter81503, February 01, 2005, 12:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowhunter81503

Does anyone have experience sharpening broadhead blades on the Tormek?  I'm considering buying one if it works well on these.  All the hand sharpener systems that I've tried do not get a razor edge on the blades. I need something that will shave hair off of my arm. :-\ :-\ :-\

Jeff Farris

The TORMEK with the SVM-45 Regular Knife Jig will put that razor edge you are looking for on broadheads.
Jeff Farris

douglassmt

Jeff -

I have the one-piece welded broadheads, three bladed. Can you sharpen these with the Tormek? I don't have a Tormek yet but am being very tempted. Sharpening these broadheads would just be another thing I can use the Tormek for. Also, what about lawn mower blades?

Jeff Farris

A three bladed welded head might be a little problem. I would need to get my hands on one to say for sure.  Lawn mower blades are done freehand.
Jeff Farris

douglassmt

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered a Tormek - just couldn't stand it any more. I will try the broadheads and if they don't work, can change to a two-blade model. Get that dang thing here as soon as you can, I am tired of having dull stuff!