News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

dressing option for the 220 wheel

Started by ionut, October 10, 2010, 09:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ionut

Hi Jeff,

I am looking for a better and faster dressing option for the 220 wheel. For the 1000 and 4000 grit wheels I use a DMT 325 mesh plate that I clamp in a second straight jig and in between sharpening sessions I quickly clean/dress the wheels also keeping the grinding surface of the wheels in perfect parallelism with the universal support.\I am doing the same with the 220 but I was only able to get a 220 (6"X2") that would fit in the straight jig and that is too soft, for the wheel, it does the job but it wears out pretty fast. I talked with DMT and they only have the 120 mesh on the 8X3 inches format which is too thick and wide to get in the straight jig. And to get the same grit in a 6X2 I would have to order an entire 16 pieces at least batch as they don't have the production set for it.
Do you know any other source for a diamond dressing plates that could fit what I need?
I know I can use the tt-50 but using my way I can quickly clean and dress the surface in the same grinding session with minimal stone removal and fast/excellent results and I don;t have to change any setting to the universal support to use the TT-50.
I don't like to use the grading stone, it is for grading and not dressing, mine already has no more flat surfaces left that I can use and I don't use to grade my stone anymore, it brings my stone out of square and I already have a 1000 stone.

Thanks,
Ionut