News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.

www.tormek.com

Main Menu

sharpening drill bits?

Started by Kelamigo, November 21, 2004, 05:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelamigo

I have the Tormek system with all the accessories and was wondering if anyone uses it to sharpen drill bits?  I've considered the Drill Doctor, which gets mixed reviews among users, but thought I'd see if there was a method to use on the Tormek rather than than spending $$$  for the DD.

Thanks to all.........

Kelly in southcentral Idaho

edisto

Kelly:

I just ordered my Tormak system, but I do own a Drill Doctor.  The base model.  It works great.  All my bits are sharp and I've loned it to my Dad to sharpen all his.  Its easy to set up and use, so even to sharpen one bit its not a problem.

Ed

Get the Drill Doctor
I got one a couple months ago and it was sitting on the counter still in the box.
Yesterday, I got one of my drill bit indexes out to do a remodeling job here in the house.  So I brought out the Drill Doctor.

It is everything they say it is, at least for the twist drills.  I did not try any carbide or other type bit.  But I was every bit as impressed with the Drill Doctor for drill bits as I am with the Tormek for EVERYTHING ELSE.

It was less than $60.00 on sale.