News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Honing problem

Started by guyos, January 12, 2009, 05:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyos

Hi
I have just bought the T3 and am putting it through its paces.

I am very impressed, I have used scary sharp, water stones, diamond stones, and oil stones in the past, got sharp, but never could shave a hair.

With this tool I ground an old chisel, honed free hand, tried it on my arm, and the hair was just flying off, as I said impressed.

Now the problem, I can't work with the SE-76 jig for honing. I set the universal support horizontal as the book shows, but when I put on the Straight edge SE-76, and push it over to the right it can not tilt forward for the tool to reach the wheel, it fouls on the threaded post of the support.

If I keep it a bit over to the left to miss the support, it will swing forward but the tool misses the wheel.

How do you solve this problem?

Guyos

guyos

OK Folks

I eventually found the answer, The T3 does not use this straight edge jig for honing, must be done from the universal support.

Needless to say, I am very disappointed with Tormek, after the handbook clearly instructs how to do it with the jig and maintain the angle.

Guyos

Jeff Farris

You're right about this.  The handbook should make a distinction on that instruction that it applies only to the T-7.  I'll suggest that for the next update.  Sorry.
Jeff Farris