News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Bearing size

Started by fido, July 02, 2021, 10:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fido

I am going to fit the stainless steel shaft to my 250 mm stone , I have a problem in that the rusted old shaft has destroyed the steel bearing in the stone. Does anyone know what type of bush this should be and what size it should be. Thank you.

micha

Hi David,
welcome to the forum.

None of the stones I'm aware of has bearings or bushings, just a 12mm bore. If your old stone is worn out (or has had a bushing) the bushing should have an inner diameter of 12mm, too.
Mike

RichColvin

There is a thick washer between the stone and the bushing. Is that what you are talking about?

Rich
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.

Ken S

fido,

The washer Rich is refering to is part number 29 in this diagram.

https://advanced-machinery.myshopify.com/pages/replacement-parts-for-t-7-and-2000-all-10-systems

Advanced Machinery is the primary parts source in the US. If you live outside the US, your local dealer or Tormek support  (support@tormek.se) can help you.

Ken