News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Cheap Turntable

Started by U4EA, October 13, 2020, 01:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

U4EA

Wanted to share how I made a cheap turntable for the T7.

Used a heavy duty Lazy Susan from home depot.  $4.48
      Everbilt 6 in. Square Lazy-Susan Turntable with 400 lb. Load Rating

Store SKU # 998538
Internet # 203661089

I bought a 12" round piece of birch plywood from Lowes  $8  Much cheaper if you have a router with a circle cutter.

Finally some door shims to wedge under it to keep it from rotating.  I just had those laying around but you can get a whole pack for under $2.

I had an old mouse mat I rested the lazy Susan on.

Finally I treated the wood with a few coats of Linseed oil.  Just for water proofing.

The pic should explain it all but if you have questions please ask.

Ken S

GeoBoy

jasonstone20

I was thinking about doing something like this also, the one Tormek sells is kind of expensive for what it is.

Ken S

My RB-180 rotating base was included with the promotion going on when I acquired my T8. I use it and have found it useful. However, if I had to buy it separately, it would be toward the bottom of the "Nice, but not essential list".
My favorite way of "rotating" my Tormek is to place it where I can work from either side. A cafeteria tray can be easily rotated.

In fairness to Tormek, Tormek products are manufactured generallyare low volume and made in Sweden, a country known for high quality, rather than cheap labor. Look at the number of twenty year old Tormeks still in active service.

Ken