News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Noise of trough

Started by Sharpco, March 01, 2019, 12:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharpco

https://youtu.be/D6Z8F_S_5b8

This problem does not always occur, but I'm looking for a solution.

jeffs55

Put a large enough sponge under it to touch your table and the bottom of the sponge at the same time. Try more water and/or make sure the Tormek is flat against its stand or try large rubber bands around the trough. Rubber between the trough and frame perhaps.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

cbwx34

Quote from: SHARPCO on March 01, 2019, 12:28:24 PM
https://youtu.be/D6Z8F_S_5b8

This problem does not always occur, but I'm looking for a solution.

I find that most times, if I slightly pull out on the little "tab"  in the middle at the bottom of the trough, it will stop.  I put some tape around the little... whatever the things are... the trough slides onto, and that helped a bit too.

Quote from: jeffs55 on March 01, 2019, 12:35:12 PM
Put a large enough sponge under it to touch your table and the bottom of the sponge at the same time. Try more water and/or make sure the Tormek is flat against its stand or try large rubber bands around the trough. Rubber between the trough and frame perhaps.

Your first idea is probably the best... I've stuck a hand towel under mine sometimes, if I can't get it to quit.  (I've never figured out why it's so intermittent).  I tried putting little felt cushions between the trough and frame, it didn't really help, plus the T8 design... it looks like they tried to match the trough to fit against the frame and catch the water, so it kinda defeats that.
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Sharpco, please check your forum messages.
Ken

Sharpco

I received answer about it from Tormek.

-------------------------------------------

Hi.

Thank you for your mail and video.

Sometimes if the water trough is not seated correctly it can vibrate against the housing.

This can be solved by pushing the water trough against the elevator.

I can hear in the video a scratching sound after the machine is turned off.

Are you sure the wheel does not touch the water trough?

The water trough should be seated against the housing on the upper edge. Se picture.