News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

new Tormek videos

Started by Ken S, May 30, 2017, 09:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I received an email today from Advanced Machinery. On the Tormek page of their website, I found a new video on the DBS-22 drill bit jig. Naturally I was curious. The earlier video, done by Alan Holtham, is outstanding and in depth. As I sharpen drill bits infrequently, I watch it before each drill bit session.

The new video, which is much shorter, resembles the in house Tormek videos. To my surprise, I found a lot of depth in a relatively short video. Well done! I think the new video will work very well with Alan's original video, the new video being a good in depth introduction.

I also happened to look at the T4 and T7 videos in My Tormek, the log in section. Both are excellent. They include more of the actual working procedures than earlier videos. This strikes me as being more focused on the new user than in just marketing. They are well worth watching. If you have not already registered your Tormek on the new website, I recommend doing so.

Ken

Ken S

I rewatched the Alan Holtham video on the DBS-22. I like the new shorter DBS-22 video. I think it is a very useful introduction. I do not feel it is a substitute for Alan's much more in depth video. The DBS-22 is a fine jig, however, its precision and versatility require a more sophisticated setup than the other jigs. We need the sophistication of Alan's video. I hope both will continue to be available.

Ken

Elden

I am not finding it, Ken. Do you have a link to it?
Elden

Ken S

Very good question, Elden. Go to the right side and up on this screen. Click on www.tormek.com.
That brings you to the main website. Choose US or international. Click on the What jig do I use and then on drill bits. The next screen shows both videos. For the record, I think the Tormek website crew did an outstanding job of making both of these videos available on the same page. The first video sets the stage for a basic understanding of the DBS-22. Alan's more in depth video guides you through actually using it successfully. When used properly, in my opinion, it is Tormek's most advanced jig and capable of stellar work.

Those of you who have followed my prior posts are aware that I have frequently grumbled about wanting more in depth user related videos. I want more video time devoted to the situations an owner/user will encounter after making the purchase. I am pleased to report that Tormek's recent videos do seem oriented toward the new user. Kudos! I still want more, and hope this positive trend will continue.

Ken

Elden

Thank you, Ken. That did it.

I am finding that I am increasingly having difficulties viewing posted videos on my Kindle due to the video formats used. It came with Silk which does not work on a lot of videos. I have added Dolphin which allows a few more to be seen, but quite often it will not work either. I guess the Kindle is getting old like its user!  :D It dates clear back to 2012. That sounds like a spring chicken compared to me!
Elden

Ken S

Elden

I recently checked out a DVD from a local library about the Newark (Ohio) Earth Mounds. I live near Newark. The Mounds are ancient Native American projects which are among the wonders of our world. They are listed with the pyramids, the Parthenon, and Stonehenge. In fact, the Great Pyramid could fit inside the largest mound!  They built a straight road to Chillocothe, a distance of sixty miles. Their placement, unlike Stonehenge's equinox placement, was based on a 22 1/2 year lunar cycle. Their level of mathematics would have impressed even Jan's friend, Mr. Euclid of Alexandria!

This marvelous DVD would not play on my Mac. Whenever I drive to Newark, I drive by several cel towers, yet, in our Babel civilization, there are dead spots in cel coverage on that route. This is within twenty miles of Columbus, the state capital and fourteenth largest city in the country!

Our cel phone service, which is replacing a much better landline network, is not universal, either in technology or coverage. Neither are many of our computer programs. When communications should be universal, it is becoming splintered. As our devices become more advanced, web designers continue to make websites beyond the capabilities of older devices.

Yes, Elden, you are I are getting older, however, I believe some of our "smart" technology is losing touch with common sense.

I hope you enjoyed the DBS-22 videos, and would value your thoughts on them.

Ken