News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek's HANDBOOK (or manual) in DUTCH (Nederlands) language ?

Started by Hanselpansel, June 17, 2015, 04:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanselpansel

Dear all,

As a new proud T7 owner I was wondering: Where to get the manual or HANDBOOK in Dutch ?
I know it is there............ I have seen it and read it ..............But all other manuals are available for download at Tormek's site but NOT in Dutch (Nederlands).

It is available as purchase at www.baptist.nl (nearly 25 euro)  but to be honest: Why should I pay for it, as it is available as download in several other languages.

Who can help me out here??????

Herman Trivilino

Welcome to the forum, Hans. Register your Tormek here ...

http://tormek.com/international/en/account/register/

and you can download the manual in a variety of languages. I don't see Dutch listed, the closest is Deutsch, which I realize is not the same. You may have to contact Tormek AB directly.
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Hans.

I was unaware of services which translate technical books into different languages. Herman is right, you should contact Tormek AB in Sweden. (Email address is support.tormek.se) They answer promptly. You may not have any luck with them, but they should know that they have Dutch customers who would like to be able to read the manual. Inquiries might help the process along.

You are correct; it does not seem right that you should have to pay extra to read the manual in your language. Assuming you purchased your Tormek from a Dutch dealer, I would suggest contacting the importer. Here is their listing from the Tormek website. I would politely, but firmly request they email you a translated PDF of the handbook in Dutch. They are Tormek's representative in the Netherlands. Translating the book into a Dutch PDF is really not such a terrible task for a competent secretary who is fluent in one of the primary Tormek languages. (preferably Swedish, with English a common back up language.)

For the benefit of the Tormek dealers in the Netherlands, once the PDF is available, the work is already done for all of their other Dutch speaking customers. If I were doing business in the Netherlands, I would not want to suggest to my customers that they read the handbook in Deutsch.

Good luck with this, and do keep us posted.

Ken

ps A while back we had a similar topic from a user who wanted a copy of the handbook in Russian. I wish I had thought to give him the same advice. Contact one of the dealers in Russia and politely but firmly ask for a PDF of the handbook in Russian. Again, this is not a terrible task for a good secretary fluent in other languages, and, once done, would benefit many users.

Netherlands
Click here for dealers

Hegner & Ko
Fermiweg 16
3208 KT Spijkenisse
Tel. 0181-647535
Fax. 0181-647311
www.tormek.nl
rob@hegner.nl

riodice

Baptist in Arnhem provides a Dutch manual - they swap out the Swedish manual and replace it with a Dutch one.  I have a Dutch manual  for and would trade it for an English one.  Paper manual beats electronic paper while next to the Tormek.

SharpenADullWitt

Quote from: riodice on August 21, 2015, 12:28:59 AM
Baptist in Arnhem provides a Dutch manual - they swap out the Swedish manual and replace it with a Dutch one.  I have a Dutch manual  for and would trade it for an English one.  Paper manual beats electronic paper while next to the Tormek.

I found a printer works quite well for that.  I've done it before with missing manuals and printed it in "booklet" form.  (just an idea)
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)