News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

a simple improvement for the TTS-100

Started by Ken S, August 01, 2014, 12:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I use my TTS-100 for many things.  I saw an improvement.  I don't remember the source.  I think it was on the Tormek TNT DVD.

My shop has fluorescent lighting. it's bright, but not good light. Sometimes it is difficult to see when both metal circles are touching the grindstone.

The improvement is drawing a single spoke on the metal wheels with a thin black marker.  The thin black lines are quite obvious when they turn.  When both wheels turn, the setting is correct.  Clever and stone simple.  it certainly impressed my little mind.

Ken

Terry Tjader

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Terry. I hope this small tip is useful to you.

Ken

Terry Tjader

A very good tip and it really did help.

mike40

Just read this Ken. Thanks for the tip. It should be very helpful when I start sharpening my turning tools on the Tormek.
Mike

Ken S

Thanks, Mike.

I believe one of the main benefits of this forum is sharing information. If we all gather enough small tips, we may benefit greatly.

Ken