News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Puzzled

Started by RPM, August 08, 2013, 07:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RPM

I was moving my T-7 today and a piece fell off.  It was a rectangular, magnetic, rubber foot.  In looking at the bottom of the machine, I found another one just like it stuck in the channel between the two corner feet.  There are obviously 4 integrated rubber feet on the corners that have supported my grinder just fine for years.  What purpose do these two movable feet serve?
Thanks,
Richard

Ken S

Richard,

Welcome to the forum.

The rubber feet you describe sound like the two feet designed to tilt the Tormek slightly.  These let most of the water fall away from the unit itself.  They were added with the advanced water trough.  They are placed front and back on the side with the leather honing wheel.

I was reluctant to use them at first.  I like my world to be plumb, square and level.  Once I began using them i found i did not notice the tilt of the Tormek. I think they are a good idea.

Keep us posted.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

Yup, like Ken said, those are tilt shoes designed to control the water flow into the newer advanced water trough (AWT-250).

http://tormek.com/international/en/spare-parts/water-troughs/awt-250-advanced-water-trough/
Origin: Big Bang