News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

parts

Started by s.davis, March 31, 2005, 03:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s.davis

Hello -  I noticed that the Tormek 2000 looks different than the Tormek 2000 I purchased in 2001.  Are the parts the same?  Also, is it normal for the powder coating to be peeling off?  I recently took the wheel off for the first time and noticed alot of corrosion and peeling.  I have also noticed that the main shaft moves up and down, does this mean that I need bearings?  Thank you for your help,  Stephen Davis.    

Jeff Farris

A little bit of up and down movement is normal and nothing to be concerned about.

The rust and bubbling is not common, but not unheard of. It helps to clean and dry the machine after use.  We have touch-up paint if you need some.

Your 2001 model would have had the square frame instead of the newer trapezoid frame.  Other than that, all parts are the same.
Jeff Farris