News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Guidance needed, Tormek Supergrind 2000

Started by OpoLily, December 02, 2010, 07:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OpoLily

My best friend passed away and I'm left to sort out and deal with his tools, which resided in my basement. One is this Tormek Supergrind 2000. I know that this is a famous product and from reading some of the posts, a responsive community, so perhaps some of you will help me out.

I can't find any user manual or other documents with the machine except 2 very moldy booklets: Universal Gouge Jig, SVD-180, and Supplement to the TROMEK Owner's Handbook: Water Cooled Grinding or Edge Tools.
There are many 'other things' spread out in a few locations that probably go with the grinder. Is there some way I can tell which are parts or accessories to it, like a Logo or part#?  
I would like to sell this for a fair price but believe I need to pull everything together first.

Thank you.

Robbo

If you have a browse through here you will find all the accessories that Tormek have.
http://tormek.com/international/en/
"We do good turns every day"

Herman Trivilino

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your friend.

Also, there are a lot of videos here on the Tormek website and on Youtube.  Each of the jigs has the familiar Tormek logo on them, so once you find one you'll be able to easily recognize the others.  There is also a stone grader (SP-650) that looks a lot like a regular sharpening stone.

These are high quality machines designed to be easily repaired, and so can last a lifetime.  Owners take pride in the fact that all of our edge tools are kept sharp, and we can therefore get the most out of them. 
Origin: Big Bang

OpoLily

Thank you both. I will collect anything that looks related and look for the logo. I'm going to try to get the handbook from a local retailer(Woodcraft Supply) and use the pictures of accessories on this site to help figure things out.
He was a great friend and loved his tools! I want to see them find good new homes.

Thanks again.

Herman Trivilino

You can also order the handbook here

http://tormek.com/international/en/account/register/

or download !
Origin: Big Bang

Nigel Little

Hi there!
I'm new to the forum and am looking to pick up a Tormek- did you manage to sell late your friends Supergrind?

Regards
Nigel Little

Ken S

Nigel

I would suggest you send the original poster a private email via this forum.  The poster appears not to have checked the forum since December.

Ken

OpoLily

Quote from: Nigel Little on March 22, 2011, 03:43:33 PM
Hi there!
I'm new to the forum and am looking to pick up a Tormek- did you manage to sell late your friends Supergrind?

Regards
Nigel Little

Thank you for posting. Strangely I sold the Tormek machine last night, along with a few other things. Good Luck with your search.

Maureen

Ken S

Nigel,

Some thoughts on purchasing a used Supergrind 2000:

I bought my T7 just over a year and a half ago.  ($599 USD from my local dealer)  Since then Tormek has provided two upgrades for the same price, the new water trough and the EZYlock shaft,  Cost for the two of them to upgrade my T7 was just under a hundred dollars.

When you are considering the price of a used unit, consider the cost of upgrading to the latest version, and don't overpay.

Since I bought mine, my dealer has had several store wide sales.  I could have bought the unit for fifteen to twenty per cent off.  YOu might check with our local Tormek dealer about upcoming whole store sales.

Ken

Jeff Farris

The other side of that coin, Ken, is that the upgrades are available, and will work on any Tormek made in the last 20 years. Yes, it is disappointing when new features are added right after one purchases a product. However, would you have the manufacturer simply stop making improvements?
Jeff Farris

Ken S

Jeff,  I have no problems adding upgrades.  My T7 was the state of the art when I purchased it.  The recent upgrades are real improvements, and I am pleased to be able to add them to my unit.

My comment about pricing an older unit is that a unit without these present upgrades is not quite comparable with the latest unit.  It can certainly be upgraded, if desired, but that cost should be factored into the purchase price.

I look forward to adding future upgrades to my unit.

Ken