News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

MSK 250 stainless shaft upgrade for T2000

Started by tb444, April 07, 2010, 02:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tb444

Hi just received the new MSK 250 upgrade for my T2000 machine, but the EZYLock not was missing. I think that the shaft is also the wrong one as it appears to be RH threaded at both ends. I thought this new shaft was LH thread on the stone side such that it tightens itself in use? If anyone has any info that would be great, I'm in the process of getting the dealer to send me the missing EZYlock nut but now thinking i may need a new shaft too....
Also the washers that came with the kit are not stainless but zinc plated, should they be?

Any responses gratefully recieved

T

Jeff Farris

Where are you located and who is your dealer?
Jeff Farris

Jeff Farris

To the forum in general:

I have been in touch with TB444 off list to discuss his issue.  Unfortunately, the designation "MSK-250" has been used by Tormek for two different replacement shaft kits.  The first "MSK-250" kit contained the old style right hand thread shaft in stainless steel.  It was  widely distributed in some markets, including the United Kingdom.  I do not know of any USA distributors that carried it, in fact, I am reasonably sure that it was never sold in the USA at all.  Therefore, the following information is directed primarily to our European forum members.

When buying the EzyLock Main Shaft Replacement Kit, read the label on the box.  The new MSK-250 clearly states that the package includes EzyLock, the old kits do not.  TB444's kit has been replaced by his dealer in the UK.

Jeff Farris

tb444

I now have the new shaft with the Ezylock and am up and running. Thanks for the info Jeff, supplier was unaware tormek had retained the same code for the old and new replacement kits, they have now sorted their stock.
Stainless steel hardware makes much more sense