News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Square Edge Jig

Started by Mirboo, December 27, 2008, 01:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirboo

My wife gave me a Tormek T-7 for Christmas. I have a question about the safety stops that are used in conjuction with the Square Edge Jig (SE-76). The Square Edge Jig that came with my T-7 is missing the safety stop that is shown at number 3 in the picture below.

Click thumbnail for larger image.

It appears as though the safety stop screws into a threaded hole in the end of the Universal Support. I assume therefore that the safety stop also screws into the Square Edge Jig for storage, as shown in the picture above.

The Square Edge Jig that came with my machine has a hole at the safety stop storage location that is indicated in the picture. However, this hole is not threaded.

Is the picture above correct? Should my T-7 have come with the safety stop that screws into the Universal Support. Should the safety stop have been attached to the Square Edge Jig as shown in the picture above? Does the safety stop screw into a threaded hole in the Square Edge Jig for storage?

Regards,
Ian S.

Jeff Farris

Ian,

Look carefully in the packaging tray that your Square Edge Jig was packed in.  The stop is black and can be hard to see if it is dislodged from its storage position in the jig.
Jeff Farris

Mirboo

Thanks for the reply Jeff,

I checked the packaging again. I'm definately missing the safety stop.

Should the stop have been screwed into the Square Edge Jig?

I'll follow it up with my local dealer. He is closed for the Christmas/New Year period at the moment.

Regards,
Ian.

Jeff Farris

Yes, it should have been threaded into the end of the jig.  The threads in the jig are not very deep, so that the stop fits in easily.  I have not seen any that would actually fall out.  If you can't find it, send me an e-mail with your address and we'll send you a replacement.
Jeff Farris

Mirboo

Thanks Jeff,

The hole in my Square Edge Jig is not threaded, which probably explains the missing stop. I'm in Australia so I'll wait until my dealer returns from his break and I'm sure he'll sort it out for me.

Regards,
Ian.