News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Handle replacement, for old style knob handle.

Started by SharpenADullWitt, October 29, 2016, 06:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Good thoughts.

I am relatively new to the new handle style. I will keep an open mind and see how I feel after using both for a longer period.

Another option is to modify the older style to accept an O ring by matching the taper of the bore of the new jigs. My plan is to make a scraper from a hacksaw blade.  This would give the convenience of the O ring and the security of the locking screw.

Ken

Ken S

I took a careful look at the handles  (adjustable stops), old and new. The new style can easily be adapted, if desired, to having a locking screw. It's an easy fix by just drilling and tapping a hole in the handle. A home shop machinist could do this without breaking a sweat.

The official locking screw costs $7.95. (M6 thread, 6mm outside diameter x 1mm pitch) For those of us not fluent in metric, 1/4" x 20 tip is close.

I neither recommend nor not recommend this fix.

Ken