News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

very interesting Tormek videos

Started by Ken S, June 11, 2016, 03:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

In my never ending search for good Tormek instructional videos, I had good fortune this morning. Google "facebook/ultrasharpisrael". It is a very interesting site with several short videos about the Tormek. Several of the videos focus on the T4 and knife sharpening. The audio is in Hebrew, although the visual part is in English. :)

Two of the videos are completely in English. Al Holtham does his presentation of the SVD-186 gouge jig. In the other, the actor looks amazingly like Stig. It was shot this week at a show. Stig does a very good presentation of using the stone grader and the leather honing wheel, two areas where many of us, myself included, can benefit from further instruction.

By the way, UltraSharp is the business of one of our members, WolfY. I consider this facebook page "must see".

Ken

WolfY

Giving an advice is easy.
Accepting an advice is good.
Knowing which advice is worth adopting and which not, is a virtue.

Ken S

You are most welcome, WolfY. My words are not only kind; they are honest. Being diplomatic, I would probably have said nothing if I felt your page had no value. I felt your facebook page was well done and that my visit was rewarded with new knowledge. I think that deserves a positive post.

I wish I understood Hebrew. I suspect the restaurant video you posted probably has some good humor! :)

Ken

WolfY

Thanks again for the honest words too  :)

The restaurant VDO is to get the restaurant and me some publicity for buying the T-4.

Text is saying: "From now on "Villa NUNA" under the chef Eli Buchnick are cutting with sharp knives, sharpened with Tormek professional sharpener. The cut is precise, clean and fast. Exactly as the sharpening."

Unfortunately the promo VDO was made before they got the machine. Still it was a funny promo VDO to draw attention.

SharpenADullWitt

Couldn't find any video's and since I don't read Hebrew, it isn't likely I would know where to look.
I should ask though, do you have and are you autologged in , on a Facebook account?  If not were you able to find them easily?
Favorite line, from a post here:
Quote from: Rob on February 24, 2013, 06:11:44 PM
8)

Yeah you know Tormek have reached sharpening nirvana when you get a prosthetic hand as part of the standard package :/)

Ken S

SADW,

No need to read Hebrew. I found a simpler way to access the site. Go to tormek.com > where to buy > Israel (the listing on the right is UltraSharp) > www.facebook.com/ultrasharpisrael

The video with Stig is part way down on the right. Close the large annoying facebook ad. If the small annoying facebook page is present, you can watch the video in the upper part of the screen.

I share "the old ipad", known for about a millisecond as "my ipad" with my wife and two grandchildren. My wife uses facebook; I do not. I suspect this ipad may be autologged. It gets to the site differently than my grandson's ipad. IMHO, the video with Stig is worth tolerating the facebook nonsense. (Going directly to the website does not work on the other ipad.)

Ken

Jan

Quote from: SharpenADullWitt on June 16, 2016, 07:19:47 AM
Couldn't find any video's and since I don't read Hebrew, it isn't likely I would know where to look.

What, you really do not read Hebrew, the script of the chosen people?  ;)

Below there is a Google translation of the sentence above.

מה, אתה באמת לא קורא עברית, התסריט של העם הנבחר?

Jan

WolfY

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
You guys are funny.  :) :) :) :) :) :)
Ok remember this is Tormek Land and the official language suppose to be native Tormek "Svenska".
Så nu skriver vi på Svenska.
Och de som inte förstår får lära sig.
Gå in till:
https://www.facebook.com/ultrasharpisrael/
Skrolla ner till posten med skriften " Blade Show 2016: TORMEK Knife Sharpening System" och en bild med kniv och Tormek logon.
Klicka på den och njut.
Du kan också gå direct genom följande YouTube link, men då får min sida mindre klickar :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSUT0k0Vd-Y&feature=youtu.be

Ha en trevlig och njutbar video stund.

Vi hörs ;)

WolfY

Ken S

Good one, WolfY! Your years of living in Sweden were productive.

Jan,

Interesting and funny mention of Google! I used Google translate to translate the T2 folder from Swedish to English.

Ken