News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

an EZYLock aid

Started by Ken S, January 09, 2015, 11:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

I think the EZYLock shaft is one of the best improvements to the Tormek. It works fine as is. This suggestion is to help the operator, not the tool itself.

Being somewhat forgetful in my old age, I turn the wheels in the wrong direction about half the time. To prevent this, I placed a piece of waterproof tape on the platform which holds the horizontal universal support sleeves. Anywhere visible would also work. Looking at the Tormek with the grinding wheel on the right, I drew an arrow with a sharpie directed away from me on the right (wheel side). I drew another arrow pointing toward me on the left (honing wheel) side. I wrote "OFF" between the arrows.

One quick glance and I always turn the wheels in the correct direction to loosen or tighten the EZYLock shaft. This helps override my "lefty loose, righty tight" cultural programming.

Ken

Ken S

Test photo removed by poster.

Ken

Ken S

I thought this earlier topic would apply now.

Ken