News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

need T-3 water trough

Started by bru666, December 11, 2014, 07:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bru666

have a T-3 that was given to me and need a new water trough but cant find one anywhere. any one know where i could find one. have tried the spares section but it doers not list the part

Ken S

Welcome.  If you live in the US, check sharptoolsusa.com. They will have the part.

Ken

Herman Trivilino

Quote from: bru666 on December 11, 2014, 07:02:41 PM
have a T-3 that was given to me and need a new water trough but cant find one anywhere. any one know where i could find one. have tried the spares section but it doers not list the part

Welcome to the forum. Here's the part you're looking for. $19.95 US.

http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/xcart/product.php?productid=239&cat=27
Origin: Big Bang

Ken S

Just a thought, many of the older Tormek users taped or glued a small rare earth magnet to the water trough. It catches the metal shavings and helps keep the water cleaner. Eventually the magnet became a built in feature with the T7. I believe that in the future it will become standard issue with the T4. If you use a half inch diameter or so rare earth magnet from the big box hardware and some electrical tape, I believe you will be surprised with the amount of trapped metal.

Keep us posted.

Ken

jeffs55

Tape the magnet to the outside of the trough.
You can use less of more but you cannot make more of less.

Ken S

Good point, Jeff. I Neglected to mention that. Tape it so that you can easily remove it at first tomake sure it does not interfere with placing and removing the trough.

Ken