News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Mounting the BGM-100

Started by robert4wd, May 30, 2011, 05:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert4wd

Hello All

I have owned my Tormek T7 for 3 days and though still learning am very impressed with the sharpness I have so far achieved. I am sure I have a lot to learn and look forward to exploring the capabilities of this system.

I have a number of new bowl & spindle gouges and have purchased a BGM-100 to do the rough shaping.

My question is about the distance between the centre line of the grinder and the edge of the platform that mounts the BGM-100. While it is not marked I deduce from the diagrams provided in the manual that it would be 20mm for an 8" grinder if the board is 200mm wide. Is this a critical dimension? If so am I correct in my guess?

I ask because my slow grinder has an 8 pole motor (730 RPM) and as a result is large and will require a board 350mm wide to accommodate. Should I offset to the front to maintain the distance between the centre line of the grinderand the platform mounting the BGM-100?

Thanks in advance for you help

Regards
Robert

Robbo

Gooday Robert.

The measurements are there.

Detailed instructions are here.  www.tormek.com/.../bgm100/.../mounting_instruction_bgm-100_en.pdf -  on page 7 in my reader.
"We do good turns every day"

robert4wd

Thanks Robbo

For the information of others on the forum the "b" dimension is missing from the book that came with the my BGM-100. Make sure you download the amended instructions from the web

Thanks again

Dave Willey

Update-

Never mind.  I did find a link the next day.  I did not scroll down to the very bottom of the page.

-DW

Hey Robbo-

The link to the instructions seems to be dead.  Does anyone have a link to the BGM-100 setup instructions?  I'm about ready to setup a 8" grinder with the BGM-100 for reshaping and I seem to have misplaced the original instructions that were in the box on how to measure the grinder and make a mount.  I don't see it online.

Thanks,

Dave