News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Repair part - Frame

Started by LRFBOSUN, July 25, 2010, 05:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LRFBOSUN

My frame is pretty badly rusted as well as the shaft. I'm going to rebuild with the stainless shaft. Is it possible to buy a frame ( for my ten-year-old model 2000) or will I have to separate the old one, sandblast, and paint it? Why does Tormek not make an ABS frame for the big machine as well as the small one?

Jeff Farris

The plastic frame won't rust, but it does not have near the strength of the steel frame. Various evolutions of the finish on the frame over the years have had varying degrees of success. The current finish has shown outstanding performance so far, and includes a special pre-treatment for corrosion protection.

You could purchase a new frame, in which all the components of your old machine would fit.
Jeff Farris

LRFBOSUN

Thanks for the quick reply, Jeff. Where can I buy a replacement frame? From You? How much?

LRFBOSUN