News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - wallbc

#1
For general drilling of wood, regular steel and aluminum what type of drill bit would be best for sharpening with the DBS-22?  I am assuming that with any of the cobalt and titanium coated bits the coating would be removed on the initial shaping of the four facets?  I don't really want to spend $1000+ for a set of solid carbide bits and I fear they would be very difficult to sharpen. So is a set of plain HSS twist bits my best option?  Also can you buy bits off the shelf that are already four faceted?