Tormek Community Forum

In the Shop => Tormek T-1 and T-2 => Topic started by: Apex56 on October 03, 2026, 09:20:20 AM

Title: T1 - problem sharpening to the tip
Post by: Apex56 on October 03, 2026, 09:20:20 AM
Hi, I've had my T1 for 10 months and get great results on my Wusthof utility and chef knives, and some cheaper santokus. Except the grinding wheel is making limited or no contact with the final one to two centimetres of the bevel to the tip of the knife. I've confirmed this using the marker method. 

I set the angle to 17 degrees on the Wusthofs and 15 for the santokus.

I've watched the Tormek instructional videos on YouTube, as well as those by Ukulele Jay BBQ and Torsten Kluske. I know to gradually lift the handle up as you near the tip, mainly on the Wusthofs, so the bevel stays at the correct angle to the wheel.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Is it possibly the clip-on angle guide being too thick for these knives at my angle settings? So the final section of the bevel to the tip is not contacting the grinding wheel? 

I would be grateful for your thoughts and suggestions.