News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Knife Sharpening / Re: New angle jig KS-123
Last post by John Hancock Sr - Today at 12:17:24 AM
Yes, I recall all of the discussion and Indeed I read the review from Dutchman. Just looking at the short was enough to convince me. Checking Australian suppliers does not show it yet.
General Tormek Questions / Re: Is the SB-250 black stone ...
Last post by Ken S - Yesterday at 11:54:50 PM
I suspect any CBN wheel can be used wet, preferably with aan anti corrosion agent such as Hone Rite Gold or Tormek ACC. One of the CBN vendors I emailed several years ago insisted that his wheels must be used dry or the warranty was voided. I thought the numerous warranty claims he received were from careless users who left their wheels soaking. I do not believe there would be any problem if the wheels were left to dry when not being used.

I agree with you. I would not use CBN wheels dry. I use mine wet with Hone Rite Gold. If you can not get Hone Rite Gold in Australia, Use Tormek ACC.
Quote from: John Hancock Sr on April 11, 2024, 12:12:32 AM
Quote from: AlInAussieLand on April 07, 2024, 01:29:30 PMSo I am going to add a 250mm CBN 80# Grid as soon as possible
Have you decided which one?
My apologies
I just noticed this question now.
No, I haven't. The Aussie guy that used to sell CBN wheels appears to be shut down. I finally got my T8 and I am impressed with the original SG-250 Wheel that comes with it. Despite this, it just confirmed that a fairly "coarse" CBN wheel would be of benefit for re-shaping knife/tool bevel edges.
I prefer "Wet" CBN/Diamond wheels as I don't want any airborne dust in the room where I use the equipment, due to my Solar Inverters being located in this room.
Last post by AXEMAN.ca - Yesterday at 11:24:01 PM
We will also have them available in Canada at AXEMAN.ca tomorrow.  Happy sharpening!
General Tormek Questions / Re: Product News - KS-123 Knif...
Last post by AXEMAN.ca - Yesterday at 11:15:40 PM
Available in Canada soon at AXEMAN.ca
You cannot view this attachment.
Last post by CopperFish - Yesterday at 07:37:54 PM
Knife Sharpening / Re: Knife Angle Setter "Black ...
Last post by AXEMAN.ca - Yesterday at 07:07:12 PM
The KS-123 is available in Canada at AXEMAN.ca within a few days. 

General Tormek Questions / Re: Product News - KS-123 Knif...
Last post by Dutchman - Yesterday at 07:00:18 PM
What I wrote in a previous message New angle jig KS-123
I had the pleasure of testing the new angle setter KS-123. It is based on ideas from Perra and meets all expectations.
Quote from my conclusion:
It's a wonderful tool, well designed and beautifully realized. I will definitely start using it. So no more 'Dutchman's tables', kenjigs, spreadsheets or apps on smart phones or tablets. End of an era that began on April 14, 2014 with my publication of "Simple adjustment of the grinding angle". It took 10 years, but now it can be even simpler and more accurate.

Attached is my test report in PDF file.
Last post by CopperFish - Yesterday at 05:49:33 PM
$50? I'm amazed. I was expecting it to be a lot more. This is the same company that charges $80 for a rubber mat after all.

I can't wait to order one.