News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Questions

Started by btracey1, December 31, 2009, 07:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btracey1

Hello,
I have just purchased a new T-7 and have some questions. The first one is probably really dumb, but what are the (what look like) washers in the corners of the black styrofoam packing for?
The next question has to do with the SE-76 Square Edge Jig. When I set it up to sharpen a bench chisel, the body of the jig hits the body of the safety stop instead of clearing it so that the jig can slide over to the stop. To be clear, this is happening on a 1 inch wide chisel. The body of the jig almost clears the ring portion of the safety stop but definitely is riding up onto the safety stop with a noticeable jump of the blade lifting off the grinding wheel.
Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?
Thanks,
Brian

DSS

Brian, if I am not mistaken the washers in the corners of your jig boxes are so you can mount them to the wall in your shop so you will always have a place to store your jigs.

Ken

Jeff Farris

Brian,

That's very odd.  Several I checked here in the shop and everyone I've ever seen has significant clearance on the stop.

Could you please measure the outside diameter of the stop collar and post here what you find?  Thanks.
Jeff Farris

btracey1

Jeff,
I get my email at my office so I'm not where the T-7 is. I took a large round file to the jig to get clearance., But honestly, this should have been caught long before I had to deal with it.
I'll measure the stop ring diameter tonight and post it tomorrow.
I am also not getting anything close to 90 degree grinds using the sqaure edge jig. I have tried everything I'm reading here on the discussion board. I have trued the wheel several times, I have tried what was suggested as to tightening order for the guide bar, I'm disappointed to say the least.
Brian

Jeff Farris

I suggest that you contact the customer service number 1-800-586-7635 and request a replacement jig.
Jeff Farris