News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

water spillage

Started by opa1047, September 28, 2004, 06:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opa1047

I'm new to the Tormek and find that when I'm grinding plane blades, especially the #6 to #8 blades that I get water spilling all over the machine when I move the blades back and forth across the grinding wheel.  I've considered putting the Tormek in a plastic bucket to keep the mess off my bench.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Jeff Farris

Nothing wrong.  It can be a bit messy.  Instead of a bucket, try a cafeteria style tray.  It will protect whatever you are working one, and be less inhibiting than an enclosed area, like a bucket.
Jeff Farris

FarrellPiano

I had the same trouble. I solved the problem by putting a thin wedge of wood under the base of the Tormek on the end opposite the grinding wheel (the leather strop side), so that the machine tips a little downwards toward the grinding stone side. Then, the shallow end of a paint-roller tray tucks perfectly under the water tray for the stone. The tipped machine makes all the water ;D run toward the grinding stone side of the maching, keeping the water off the machine, and the paint tray catches all the water. The wet tray also makes for a handy place to set that wet grader stone. :

Terry Farrell

www.farrellpiano.com