News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

tnt-300

Started by thats sharp, March 13, 2016, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thats sharp

I have started to sharpen turning/carving tools with some success but I'm not convinced I have the correct technique. I am considering purchasing the TNT-300 video but was wondering how much detail it has regarding sharpening wood carving tools in addition to the wood turning tools. Any information is appreciated.
Regards

Ken S

I consider the TNT DVD the best video yet produced by Tormek. It does an excellent job of showing both sharpening and using woodturning tools. It deals primarily with woodturning tools and only mentions other tools briefly. I consider it essential for turners. I have found it interesting and useful in general. However, if you want a DVD primarily oriented toward carvers, this is not it. The you tubes with the jigs portion of tormek.com shows some woodcarving tool sharpening. Sadly, Tormek has not yet produced a carving video equal to the turning video.

Ken