News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Plasic shield - unpacked new T7

Started by ksoor, November 30, 2009, 08:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksoor

Hi All

I just bought and unpacked a new T7,  I have one question.  Included in the box is a black plastic rectangular item: pan/shield with a hole at one end, appox. 6" x 12" x 1/8" (60 mm x 310 mm x 5 mm).  I can't find any reference to it in the manual or documentation, what is it's purpose and use?

K

Jeff Farris

Sorry about the lack of documentation.  Several hundred were packed before the explaining document was printed.

That is the new extension chute for the water trough.  In the water trough, you'll find a pair of hooks near the inside edge of the lip, and a pin about half way down the lip.  Hook the edge of the extension chute into the hooks, and the pin will locate into the hole.  Now the drips from very long tools like planer blades and large kitchen knives will be caught. 

Also undocumented until after your machine shipped, you'll find two extra pieces of rubber magnetically attached to the underside of the base rail, right next to the feet on the honing wheel side of your machine.  When working on sloppy jobs where water is landing on the top frame of the machine, put these "Tilt Shoes" onto the feet on the honing wheel side of your machine.  Now the frame will be at a slight angle toward the water trough and the water will roll off the frame and into the water trough.

Your machine also features our new EzyLock grind stone lock.  It is a left hand threaded thumbwheel to the secure the grind stone.  It locks much easier and more securely than the old right hand thread nut.

The Advanced Water Trough (AWT-250) and the EzyLock Main Shaft Replacement Kit (MSK-250) are available to upgrade any 10" Tormek to take advantage of these new features. For a picture of the AWT-250 with the extension chute installed look in the "Upgrades & Replacements" section of http://www.sharptoolsusa.com/shop
Jeff Farris

ksoor

Re: Plastic shield - unpacked new T7

Jeff, thanks for getting back to me quickly.

Re: Feet

Do they lock into anything? or just sit under the other feet on the honing side?

K

Jeff Farris

There's a tenon on the shoe that press fits into the regular foot.
Jeff Farris