News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Sharpening Videos

Started by derainey, March 22, 2009, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derainey

Before I purchased a Tormek last year I watched several several sharpening videos by Jeff on SharpToolsUSA.com. I looked for them the other day but found out SharpToolsUSA.com has ceased to exist. I can't find the videos on Tormek.com. Are these videos available anywhere?

Don

n7blw

The Tormek USA web site is http://tormek.com/usa/en/

I received a great 80 minute DVD with the current issue of Woodturning Design magazine. I think it's the same disc included in the Woodturners Toolbox that also includes a manual. It was shot before the blue T-7 was available (the green model 2000 was used in the video.)

I think the info in the DVD is useful for both novice turners and folks with lots of chips behind them. It has two main sections: Sharpening and Turning Tips. The whole production moves at a fast clip and assumes the viewer knows a little bit about how to make wood pieces round. I've looked at some sections of the Tips part several times and even slowed the playback down to get a better understanding of just what is going on.

I think Tormek is missing the boat by not making this DVD freely available, like PSI and Beall do with their videos. It's a well done, very informative production - and a great selling tool.
Jim

ronee

It is available at www.sharptoolsusa.com.  I had no problem with this site.

Phil H

All I can find on the website is a manual to download.
Please let us know where the video download is hiding.
Thanks

psscroller

Phil, Short snippets can be found under accessories. if you're looking for longer videos check out youtube.com. Key words of 'Tormek, sharpening' will provide several videos.
Paul S

Phil H

Thanks Paul, will check them out.