News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Questions re new SB-250 Grindstone

Started by Nevnz, April 04, 2009, 11:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nevnz

I am new to this forum and have posted a question in the woodturners section about the new Blackstone Silicon wheel, and now wonder whether this section is the better one to post my questions in - so I will try again here. Also I see some have already asked similar questions about the new grindstone in this column - so I have some answers to some of my questions.

Being a fulltime woodturner I am keen to cut the downtime trueing the original SG-250 stone as it quickly gets grooves in the surface after just a few touch up sharpenings of my HSS gouges. I have the old ADV-50D trueing tool - Would the newer TT-50 do the dressing quicker? I do find the ADV-50D rather fiddly to use whereas the TT-50 looks to be a one piece jig - so maybe set up time is quicker? How much less dressing/trueing will I need to do if I buy the new SB-250 grindstone? (Check my post in the woodturning section for more details re this question) It sounds like the new grindstone would be better for my situation - but I wonder how much so?

I see from other posts that the grading of the SB-250 takes longer would that also be so when dressing it? Would be glad for any advice shared.

Jeff Farris

Nevnz,

Sorry for not posting an answer yet, but I'm communicating with some of the technical folks in Sweden to get you a complete answer.  Should have something solid in a couple days.
Jeff Farris

Nevnz

Thanks Jeff,

I look forward to that - I will be glad for any help/info you can come up with.

Neville