News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Need Help with Super Grind 2000

Started by justinside, February 18, 2009, 08:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinside

Hi all

I have a super grind 2000, and it has a problem. When I go to sharpen anything the wheels stop turning with little pressure, I can even stop it with my index finger. It does not seem to be running at full speed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Jeff Farris

Anytime that you can slow the grindstone down, it is an issue of loss of traction between the motor shaft and the drive tire. This sometimes (but not often) happens on new machines.  It is more common on machines that sit unused for long periods.  No matter what caused it, the solution is simple and immediately effective.  Take the honing wheel off.  Start the machine and hold a piece of coarse sandpaper (80 to 120 grit) against the tire and abrade the tire surface for 20 - 30 seconds.  If you can see anything on the motor shaft, use the sandpaper on it, too.  When you apply pressure to the grindstone, the motor should pull in tighter on the drive tire.  You should be able to lean on the grindstone with most of your weight and not stall it.  If it stalls, clean the drive tire again.
Jeff Farris