News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Diamond Tip for TT-50

Started by kentonhines, November 13, 2008, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentonhines

Can I purchase just the diamond tip for the TT-50 instead of buying the whole thing again?

Jeff Farris

You can, but since the TT-50 has only been out about 18 months, I can't imagine that you could possibly need one yet.  The tip should last many, many years.
Jeff Farris

Bawddwr

Having  retired recently, I'm now getting back to my wood-turning & Tormek. Noticed that Tormek have brought out the TT-50 to replace the older system. Was tempted to upgrade but not at the cost of ?53.00 (? sterling)! Have got on well with the old system when deemed necessary. Is the TT-50 a vast improvement on the earlier system if used carefully? I've taken the diamond to the lowest point on the face of the stone an worked from that point....never had any problems.

I agree that the diamond last a LONG time!
Cymru / Wales, UK

Jeff Farris

The ADV-50D was adequate for 15 years!  The TT-50 is certainly a very advanced system, but the old design works well when used carefully.  I don't know if the UK importer offers the upgrade version (TT-50U).  It is the mechanism without the diamond tip, which can be taken from your old ADV-50D.  Might be something to investigate.
Jeff Farris

boehme

The new truing tool has the advantage of requiring less fiddling and futzing to get it set up to true the stone.  I started out with the old tool which works just fine and then bought the new tool a few months ago.  The thing that I like about it is that the set up is so quick and easy.  The screw with the copper plug that holds the diamonds is the same, so I have salvaged that part from the old one in case I ever need to replace the one on my new tool.  I will probably go through a few grinding wheels before I reach that point.