News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Lifting the 2006

Started by GoGuppy, September 22, 2008, 01:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoGuppy

I note that the T-7 model has a lifting handle, which the 2006 does not.

Having bought the 2006 model Tormek, I am wondering what the best way is to lift it onto and off the bench?  I have been lifting it with one hand under grinding wheel and the other under the plastic water container.  It works, but does not sound the most elegant way to do this and any advice would be appreciated.

Jeff Farris

The 2000 produced from early 1990's through 2007 has a carrying handle.  The only machines that do not have a handle are the small machines -- 1200 (older) and T-3 (new).
Jeff Farris

GoGuppy

Thanks Jeff
I must explain I live in Sydney, Australia and bought the 2006 about two months ago.  Looking at the T-3 on your web site, I believe this is the same model as the one sold as the 2006 down under. 
In any case, any comment on a good lifting method for a T-3 type machine?

Jeff Farris

I don't have a lot of experience with the T-3 yet.  It has only recently been introduced to the United States.  I'll update this thread after  I have worked with the machine more. 
Jeff Farris