News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New User Questions

Started by maxwell, November 15, 2004, 09:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwell

1. Do I leave the stone wet or dry between uses? I couldn't find that in the manual.

2. Is there a reason for me not to put honing compound (the green paste) on the honing wheel?

Thanks
CCN

Jeff Farris

No need to keep the stone wet between uses.  After finishing a sharpening session, clean the water tray out and replace it dry and empty.  Then when you are ready to sharpen again, just fill it up and take off.  As soon as the water level will remain level, the stone is saturated and ready to work (2 to 3 minutes).  

I have tried green compound and found that it did not cut as fast or leave as fine a finish as TORMEK's cream compound.  If used in the proper amount (one very thin stripe around the wheel) a tube should be a 6 to 9 month supply for the average user -- a 12 month supply for the light user.
Jeff Farris