News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Stepper Programming problem

Started by Abesser, June 21, 2024, 10:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abesser

Hi there,

I have an old lathe ( for wood turning ) and added some stepper-motors to it, i can control them over arduino without problems.
But now i want to do the controler some work for me.

My drives are: https://www.oyostepper.de/goods-118-MA860H-Schrittmotortreiber-24-72A-Maximal-80-VAC-or-110VDC-f%C3%BCr-Nema-17-Nema-42-Schrittmotor.html

I would like to send the Arduino 2 dimmensions (x,y) and it will caclulate the path for the tool to move to this point in a as direct line as possible.
X means that the tool will go left or right, Y that the tool moves into or out of the material.
( The arduino does not know the actual position at the moment, so i only say for example this left 10 and into 12 => X=-12;Y=12 )

My problem is that on one stepper 1 step means 0,0075mm and on the other 0,005mm movement.
I allready made some try in calculating this , but i only arrive to make 90 or 45 degree moves :frowning:

It would be nice if you could show me some of your ideas to give me a little push.

Thanks

Ken S

Hi, Abesser.
I sent you a PM advising you that things like steppers are outside the scope of this forum.
I will leave the topic up for a few days in case any of the members have any suggestions,

Ken