News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

T8 squeaking when powered on?

Started by Skullhair, May 21, 2024, 04:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullhair

I purchased my T8 in 2022 and has ran great until a couple weeks ago when it started making a squeaking noise when turned on. It only does it for a second or so then goes away. I took the shaft off and cleaned it and put a little white lithium grease on each side of the shaft. The squeaking went away for a day or two but now it's back. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

cbwx34

Quote from: Skullhair on May 21, 2024, 04:04:55 AMI purchased my T8 in 2022 and has ran great until a couple weeks ago when it started making a squeaking noise when turned on. It only does it for a second or so then goes away. I took the shaft off and cleaned it and put a little white lithium grease on each side of the shaft. The squeaking went away for a day or two but now it's back. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

The motor's shaft may be slipping on the rubber drive wheel.  You can roughen the drive wheel a bit with some sandpaper, and see if that solves it.  (Also make sure the motor shaft is cleaned off.)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

John Hancock Sr

Quote from: cbwx34 on May 21, 2024, 04:24:07 AMThe motor's shaft may be slipping on the rubber drive wheel

You can also use never slip, which is available from automotive suppliers. Generally used on Vee belts but ideal for your Tormek drive wheel.

Skullhair

Thanks guys/gals. I bought some Acetone and wiped everything down real good and put new lithium on the shaft. No more squeaking.

Thanks again!