News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Product News - KS-123 Knife Angle Setter

Started by Hugo Öhman, May 20, 2024, 11:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugo Öhman

Hi dear Tormek Forum members!

We have some news today, we just launched the KS-123 Knife Angle Setter!

This is a special product for us, with the engagement of some forum members in the development process. We are very proud to have such engaged and ingenious members in our user community. This one is for you guys!

We'll demo the KS-123 Knife Angle Setter live tomorrow 3:30 PM (CEST), hope to see you guys in the live comments! :D

Ken S

Over the years, I have seen improvements in most of the Tormek jigs.  i saw a prototype version of the new KS123 demonstrated when I visited Tormek last summer. This new jig is not just an improved Anglemaster; it is an entirely new concept which will change the way we set knife bevel angles.

I highly recommend that all knife sharpeners watch this class. I found the jig easy to use AFTER just a little good instruction.

Ken

CopperFish

Dutchman

What I wrote in a previous message New angle jig KS-123
I had the pleasure of testing the new angle setter KS-123. It is based on ideas from Perra and meets all expectations.
Quote from my conclusion:
It's a wonderful tool, well designed and beautifully realized. I will definitely start using it. So no more 'Dutchman's tables', kenjigs, spreadsheets or apps on smart phones or tablets. End of an era that began on April 14, 2014 with my publication of "Simple adjustment of the grinding angle". It took 10 years, but now it can be even simpler and more accurate.

Attached is my test report in PDF file.

AXEMAN.ca

Available in Canada soon at AXEMAN.ca
You cannot view this attachment.

Ken S

Hugo,

Thanks for posting the notice about the KS-123 Online Class. I am definitely looking forward to it, as are many forum members. The KS-123 is long anticipated.

Some of the members are unsure if tomorrow's class will be part of Tormek's youtube channel. Some reassurance from you would be most appreciated.

Ken

PS I enjoyed meeting you last summer.

AlInAussieLand

I would certainly buy one.
I wonder how long until it will be available here in OZ.

tgbto

Quote from: Ken S on May 21, 2024, 03:28:58 AMSome of the members are unsure if tomorrow's class will be part of Tormek's youtube channel. Some reassurance from you would be most appreciated.

The video is titled as "Part 24". The first 23 parts being part of the Tormek Youtube Channel, I think worried forum members can relax. Clicking on the video itself will also allay their fears as they realize they land on a familiar channel. ;)

Ken S

Sebastien and Hugo, well done class!

Ken

AlInAussieLand

Couldn't believe it but I found a retailer here in OZ and ordered one straight away. Knowing them he probably doesn't actually have any in stock yet, but even if I have to wait 4 weeks for it to arrive, I am good with that.
We have a lot of Wusthof knifes that have a cutting angle of 14 degrees and not the normal 15+ degrees. So this will become really useful to get back to the manufacturer's angle on a lot of different knifes as even with the pen marking method, your angles will eventually slip a bit :-)

John Hancock Sr

Quote from: AlInAussieLand on May 22, 2024, 04:16:28 AMCouldn't believe it but I found a retailer here in OZ and ordered one straight away.

At AU$95 I will be waiting until Discount Traders list them to see what they will list them at.

AlInAussieLand

Quote from: John Hancock Sr on May 22, 2024, 04:29:35 AMAt AU$95 I will be waiting until Discount Traders list them to see what they will list them at.

I checked all the Vendors when I ordered my T8 and a few other things. Surprisingly the price differences are minuscule between them. They seem to compete in the 10%~15% range and most if not all gets eating up by the more expense ones offering free shipment while the "bargain" once add all your savings in shipping cost.

John Hancock Sr

Quote from: AlInAussieLand on May 22, 2024, 12:04:59 PMSurprisingly the price differences are minuscule between them

Depends. If you check ebay then some of them will heavily discount there with free shipping. I found the most consistently low prices are from Discount Traders and sometimes VEK tools. They will offer up to 20% off some items and sometimes there will be an additional discount voucher on the listing often including free shipping. I got over $100 off some of my diamond wheels. If you are willing to be patient then you can get some real bargains. Having said that my T8 black was never discounted so there is that, but I do see discounts on the regular T8.

AlInAussieLand

Quote from: John Hancock Sr on May 23, 2024, 01:36:25 AM
Quote from: AlInAussieLand on May 22, 2024, 12:04:59 PMSurprisingly the price differences are minuscule between them

I got over $100 off some of my diamond wheels.
Did you get that of original Tormek diamond wheels ?

John Hancock Sr

Quote from: AlInAussieLand on May 23, 2024, 01:53:01 AMDid you get that of original Tormek diamond wheels ?

Yes - I got the DE-250 for $449 but i had to be patient