News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Manual

Started by orbit1957, May 05, 2024, 08:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orbit1957

Does anyone have a good recommendation on a manual or book about sharpening? TX

Ken S

Welcometo the forum, Kevin.

First suggestion, have you seriously digested the habdbook?

If, by chance, you do not have a copy of the print edition of the handbook, when youregister your Tormek on the Tormek website, you can download the latest online edition. I downloaded it on my iad and refer to it often.

Ken

orbit1957

Thank You Ken will follow your helpfull advise! So glad to have a forum to share and digest.

Ken S

Kevin,

Your printed copy of the handbook should be a working book. Mine has a lot of underlining and hilighting. I note page numbers with topics in the front as well as notes in the margins.

Inside the cover is a good place to note the serial number, date and dealer name and contact information.

Make sure to have a copy, either printed or online of the handbook in your primary language.

Ken

John Hancock Sr

Quote from: Ken S on May 06, 2024, 08:14:18 AMYour printed copy of the handbook should be a working book. Mine has a lot of underlining and hilighting. I note page numbers with topics in the front as well as notes in the margins.

All good tips Ken. It is a great resource.

RichColvin

Kevin, after you get through the excellent Tormek manual, the other books of note are catalogued here:  https://sharpeninghandbook.info/indexBooksVideosWebSites.html.
---------------------------
Rich Colvin
www.SharpeningHandbook.info - a reference guide for sharpening

You are born weak & frail, and you die weak & frail.  What you do between those is up to you.