News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Quality of Tormek service ?

Started by piotr.galecki, January 13, 2024, 03:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piotr.galecki

I would like to ask you for information about the quality of service provided by Tormek.

I recently purchased a Tormek T8 black with a DF250 diamond wheel. Unfortunately, after unpacking the box, it turned out that the new wheel had numerous dark spots and chips.

I have already sent an inquiry (actually a complaint) twice to the address provided on this forum: support@tormek.se, but unfortunately, despite the passage of over a week, I have not received a single response.

Does anyone know if the address support@tormek.se is correct and still valid?

What is the point of providing a 50-year warranty by the manufacturer if it does not even respond to notifications regarding a newly purchased product?

Thank you very much in advance for your help,
Piotr

cb200t

Have you addressed this with the business where you purchased the machine? Have you tried calling the number on Tormek website?

piotr.galecki

First of all, thank you very much for your quick reply.

No. I have not yet contacted the company where I ordered the "T8 black" because I live in Poland and I bought the T8 in Germany.

Also, reading this forum, where everyone approval Tormek's service so much, and taking into account the 50-year warranty, direct contact with Tormek looked like to me the most obvious way to solve the problem.

Piotr

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Piotr.

Your experience with Tormek is very different than mine. Please read the diamond wheel topic in scissors. A question was posted about the highest angle with diamond and CBN wheels. The question was posted on the 11th. I referred the question to support that day. The next day, support sent my answer, which I posted on the forum. So, to answer your question, the support@tormek.se mailbox is definitely current and watched.

I met the support staff last summer during my week long visit to Tormek. Meeting them in person reaffirmed my previous impressions. They are dedicated and knowledgeable. In fact, the head of support is a thirty five year employee. I have had frequent contact with support. They have always answered my questions. I have no doubt that they will resolve your issue. Support does not have weekend, after hours, or holiday coverage. Please be patient.

I always ask our members to post the results good or bad when the issues are resolved.

Ken

piotr.galecki

Ken,
Thank you for your information.

For fear that my question sent a week ago (written in English) might have ended up in spam, yesterday I also translated the text (using Google Translate) into Swedish and resent the question to Tormek's email address.

Since your information shows that the e-mail address is correct, I will wait another week and let you know on the forum whether I received help and to what extent.

Again thank you very much,
Piotr.

sharpening_weasel

Interesting. As Ken mentioned- your experience was drastically different than mine. After purchasing one of the SJ-250 stones along with a t8 model, I noticed a massive wobble in both stone and machine- my guess is that the shaft had been bent before shipping or something, and I somehow got a janky stone to boot. Heard back from Stig within the day, who sorted out a new machine and stone ASAP. The second stone was also out of true- he walked me through troubleshooting, discussed the manufacturing process in detail, and when I still wasn't satisfied sent a THIRD stone, which worked perfectly. An excellent guy, and I can't imagine why you haven't heard back yet. As a sidenote- anybody know if tormek has sorted out the SJ-250 wobble problem yet?

jimon

I had the same situation with my T8 black. New DF-250 from the box had damages, some deep grooves on stone.
After contact to seller, during few days, they changed the stone for the new.

piotr.galecki

Good morning everyone,

On Monday, January 15, I received information from Tormek that the e-mail was sent to an employee who is currently absent and who will contact me as soon as possible.

So, I'm waiting.

piotr.galecki

Good morning,

As promised, here is a summary of my complaint regarding the DF-250 wheel.

As I wrote earlier, on Monday, January 15, I received information from Tormek that the e-mail had been sent to a currently absent employee who was to contact me as soon as possible.
On January 22, I received a copy of an email sent to the company in Germany that Tormek was asking them to deal with the replacement of the product.
On Thursday, January 25, the DF-250 wheel was replaced with a new one in perfect technical condition.

So, next week I will start testing my Tormek T8.

Piotr

tgbto

It's nice to see they never seem to let their customers down.