News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Windows 10 app location

Started by John Thunderbir, November 11, 2023, 03:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Thunderbir

Good day, I have Grinding_Angle_Setter on my windows 10 laptop somewhere. Does anyone know where it resides please? Thanks.

cbwx34

Quote from: John Thunderbir on November 11, 2023, 03:12:31 PMGood day, I have Grinding_Angle_Setter on my windows 10 laptop somewhere. Does anyone know where it resides please? Thanks.

No, but there are alternatives, if you can't find it. :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

John,

Wootz (Vadim of Knife Grinders) was a friend and someone I regard highly. His untimely demise was a blow to the Tormek community. That said, unfortunately any updates to his work stopped with his passing. Continuing to use his app at this point will increasingly become like trying to navigating a ship with outdates charts.

I have no expertise with the various apps which have since popped up at least temporarily. I am also a Mac user. That stated, I have occasionally used CB's Calcapp program with good results. It is user friendly, simple but effective, and he keeps it up to date. As an active member of this forum, we also know how to reach him. My advice for you would be to switch to Calcapp, or at least try it. It is a free program.

Ken

John Thunderbir