News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

A topic for Aquataur

Started by Ken S, September 12, 2023, 01:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken S

Aquataur,

I was reading your posts unsuccessfully looking for a reference to glazing and grinding material being stuck in the grinding wheel. I was reading the wrong member's posts.

Anyway:  You posted about the width of felt wheels with your T3. I learned some interesting things while measuring my T4, which is identical with wheel related measurements with the T4.

1) With the water trough removed, a 250mm wheel fits on the main shaft.

2) even though the 200mm wheels are 40 mm wide and the 250mm wheels are 50mm wide, the ten mm difference is at the edge. The 250mm wheels have a deeper center indent. The width of both sizes at the bore is essentially identical.

I would mention one caution: the all plastic housing of the T3 does not have the heat dispersing characteristics of the T4's zinc top. As long as you are careful, this should not be a problem, especially with a felt wheel.

I leave it to your creative imagination to explore all of this!

Ken