News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

new drive wheel

Started by Rusty Knife, August 06, 2023, 10:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Knife

Hi room nice to be back after few years.   My problem with a T-7 rubber drive wheel replacement.  I ordered a new one says fits t7.  After looking at there diagram it looks different as no slot for pin to hold in and wheel is white not like my old black colour one.  Appreciate if anyone can help.

John Hancock Sr

Can you post a picture? Where did you get it? Could it be the honing wheel?

Rusty Knife

Rusty Knife

could not work out how to get pic so saved the shops link.   I have removed the black drive wheel as broken,  the replacement says for t7 is the white drive wheel but has no slot insert for pin that i can see.

cbwx34

I didn't find any info on this, you may want to contact tormek support directly.

(When you find out, post the info!) :)
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform.
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

Ken S

Rusty,
The black drive wheel in the photo is for the T3 or T4. It will not fit the T7.
I replaced the drive wheel on my T7. The new zinc model is much improved over the older plastic model and interchanges directly.
CB is right. Tormek support (support@tormek.se) is the best source of help in this situation.
Ken

John Hancock Sr

Yes, the new one is zinc and fits the T7 and T8, the shaft and assembly is identical between the old and new model. The zinc is much more durable and does not had the cracking issues the old plastic molding had. I suspect that the indexing slot is on the other side. Are you in Australia? I usually shop around to get the best price. Various stores discount the Tormek parts, especially VEK Tools, gettoolsdirect  and Discount Trader on eBay with free shipping. They all are pretty reliable but it appears that none of them have the drive wheel at the moment but you could contact them.