News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

TTS-100 Too flexible

Started by Phteven_j, July 02, 2023, 02:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phteven_j

Hey everyone! Apologies in advance if this has been discussed. I wasn't able to find any info about it which is what brought me here.

I am using a T-8 with DF and DC wheels and have been for a year or two. When I use the TTS to set the rest position, it's hard for me to be consistent because of the amount of give in the plastic tool toward the end with the metal wheels. It's essentially like a ")" shape. I haven't done anything weird with it other than set the angle and set the jig depth for turning tools.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would a new one make any difference? Is there perhaps a way to bolster it with a metal piece or something?

Thanks for your help.

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Stephen. I have been using my TTS-100 to set up my chisels and planes since 2010 and my turning tools more recently. I have not noticed any give.

I would suggest that you email Tormek support (support@tormek.se). If, by chance, your TTS-100 is defective, support has probably encountered the same problem, and will make things right.

I used a fine tip marker and painted a spoke on both sides of each wheel. That makes it very easy to tell whether or not both wheels are contacting the grinding wheel.

My guess is that you may be using too much pressure when using the TTS-100.

Please keep us posted.

Ken

cbwx34

Quote from: Phteven_j on July 02, 2023, 02:42:45 AMHey everyone! Apologies in advance if this has been discussed. I wasn't able to find any info about it which is what brought me here.

I am using a T-8 with DF and DC wheels and have been for a year or two. When I use the TTS to set the rest position, it's hard for me to be consistent because of the amount of give in the plastic tool toward the end with the metal wheels. It's essentially like a ")" shape. I haven't done anything weird with it other than set the angle and set the jig depth for turning tools.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would a new one make any difference? Is there perhaps a way to bolster it with a metal piece or something?

Thanks for your help.

I don't have one now, but have in the past, and don't recall it being flexible, or having any give.  Makes me think that it may be defective or broken? ???
Knife Sharpening Angle Calculator:
Calcapp Calculator-works on any platform. New url!
(or Click HERE to see other calculators available)

darita

Ok...that sounds weird to me. I can't see where there would be any flexibility. Can you post a pic?