News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Tormek supergrind 2000

Started by Jam3s, June 11, 2023, 09:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jam3s

Hello

I am just trying to restore a supergrind grind 2000 but struggling to remove the motor. Do I need to knock the pin through the chassis from the  bump side with a light hammer?

Thanks

Crookcrank

I'd like to know too. My supergrind 2000 has developed a really annoying rattle/squeaking which can be stopped by pressing the end of the shaft which is holding the motor. But you can't keep your finger on the shaft with the stone on!
Any suggestions for a fix? I've used grease and wd40.

Ken S

I sent a screen shot of both posts to support. I'll post the reply. I would also suggest that each of you email support (support@tormek.se)

Incidentally, if you have not already done so, you should register your machines on tormek.com. Although your machines predate any warranty period, registering lets you download the latest edition of the online handbook, an invaluable reference. I downloaded it in my books program on my ipad and refer to it often.

Keep us posted!

Ken

Crookcrank

Crookcrank

Hi Jam3s and KenS
Yes knock the shaft through from the stone side. I did that and when I put it back together it sorted my rattle problem.
Here is the Tormek support suggestion to me for sorting the rattle problem.

"If the is metal to metal kontakt between the shaft and the housing i recommend you tap out the shaft few millimeters and use some Loctite 243, 270 or 680 to glue it in place. Somehow the shaft is loose in the housing and cause the vibration.
please look the plastic distance tube on the inside so it is not loose,, it should be tight between the motor and housing.
If its loose it can cause vibration... But what i can hear on the video it is rattle between the mounting shaft and the housing that is the problem.
Some Loctite 680 or similar will fix the problem.. When you tap the shaft back in position you can go a little bit longer tha it is now..The splined end of the shaft on the honing wheel side can be almost flush to the housing. I think is stick out like a millimeter now,,, Just tap it in a little bit longer after you put som glue in the hole on the other side."

I haven't used the loctite idea but if the rattle returns it will be an easy fix.
Hope all this helps.