News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

New DF-250 is it defective?

Started by Mrjpsmith, June 11, 2023, 10:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrjpsmith

I just received my new T-8 Black a few days ago.  The DF-250 that came with it was pretty lumpy when I first tried it out.  Not abrasive but my chisel tip would rise and fall. I have been very gentle and after a day it has mostly smoothed out except the right side(left in photos) of the wheel still has a few lumps.  I've also noticed I have black patches on the  wheel. The patches appeared minutes after first use. Looks like the grey coating is worn.  This is my first diamond wheel am I missing something?  I also bought a DE-250 and my experience with it is very different and I would classify it as what I would expect is normal, no lumps or black spots.I am using water with ACC.You cannot view this attachment.

Ken S

Welcome to the forum, Jeremy.

Wou should email these photos to Tormek support (support@tormek.se). Tormek's warranty service and support are outstanding.

Ken

Mrjpsmith

Quote from: Ken S on June 11, 2023, 01:19:06 PMWelcome to the forum, Jeremy.

Wou should email these photos to Tormek support (support@tormek.se). Tormek's warranty service and support are outstanding.

Ken

Thank I will do that.