News:

Welcome to the Tormek Community. If you previously registered for the discussion board but had not made any posts, your membership may have been purged. Secure your membership in this community by joining in the conversations.
www.tormek.com

Main Menu

Df-200 scratch anything to be worried about?

Started by glowpipe, May 04, 2023, 09:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glowpipe

Hey

I bought the diamond wheel a few months ago, started using it about a month ago, and have not used it much. perhaps three knives, 20 or so chisels, and some drill bits.

Today I noticed this scratch on the middle of the wheel that looks like the diamond layer has been removed. It started as two small dots, which seem to have gotten larger and into this line from just today's use. Not using much pressure, not hitting anything into the stone hard, and not doing any steep or weird angles or anything like this. I've also been moving my tools left and right as you would with the standard stone to not just grind in one place. I'm just wondering if it's normal to get scratches like this or if I should be worried. The wheel wasn't exactly cheap.

You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment. 

Ken S

Send your photos to Tormek support (support@tormek.se)
Ken

glowpipe

Sent it now to support, Thanks.

I guess if this stay this way and not get bigger i got nothing to worry about. As it spins, i don't think any of my tools will be affected. Just a bit worrying how it got there in the first place